Besides summer, what’s the second-best vacation time of the year? Spring Break, of course! The week-long holiday is just a few short weeks away, and whether you have an elaborate trip planned or even if you haven’t completely decided where to go, we’re going to give you our favorite apps to download prior to leaving so you can relax and let loose while away.
Without further ado, here are our recommended apps to download before leaving:
- Expedia: When it comes to travel apps, Expedia is a go-to. Plan ahead, book your flight, nail down a hotel, rent a car, and explore your destination – all from this app. Expedia makes it simple by hosting all of your travel accommodations in one place, plus it will notify you of any last-minute travel delays. Your relaxing vacation starts now.
- Hopper: If your trip is a little more last-minute, no worries – there are other options too. Hopper analyzes billions of flights to find you the best deal on your trip. Not only does it tell you the best and cheapest times to fly, but it simplifies the travel process by letting you book right then and there. Just pick your dates and location, then let Hopper tell you whether or not to book or wait for a price drop – then, just put all the money you save towards some destination fun!
- GasBuddy: So maybe you’re not flying far and decided to stick with a Spring Break road trip – there’s an app for that! GasBuddy provides access to real-time fuel prices so you’re always aware of the cheapest, closest gas stations to you, no matter what part of the road trip you’re on.
- HotelTonight: Once you get to your Spring Break destination, you’ll probably need a place to stay. The HotelTonight app makes it remarkably easy to book a hotel on the spot, without paying higher last-minute rates. Just select your location, wait about ten seconds, and receive your discounted rate – simple as that!
- Localeur & Like a Local City Guide: Sometimes you just want an authentic experience when traveling to a new city, which is where apps like Localeur and Like a Local come in. Avoid tourist traps and experience any city like a local by searching through restaurant, bar, and sight-seeing recommendations, curated by members of the community. Your trip just got a lot more authentic.
Time to get your Spring Break on!