The Fourth of July is one of the biggest celebrations of the summer. Another way to celebrate summer is through the ZTE “Days of Summer” sweepstakes. Here are four things you probably don’t know about either event.
What you don’t know about July 4th
- July 4th didn’t become a federal holiday until 1870—almost a 100 years after the Declaration of Independence was written. Actually, we should probably celebrate on the Second of July. That’s the day Congress ruled in favor of freedom from Great Britain.
- John Adams wrote a letter to his wife about how memorable Independence Day would be in American history. He said the day should be celebrated with parades, bonfires and fireworks.
- Americans spend over $1 billion on fireworks every year.
- Americans will spend $92 million on chips and $60 million on dip for the Fourth. They’ll pay $194 million for hamburger patties, $70 million for buns and $86 million for cheese. And they’ll drop $203 million for mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup, and $162 million for lettuce, tomatoes, relish and onions.
Whether you’re going to see fireworks or adding to the billions of dollars spent on Fourth of July picnics, be sure to also celebrate by entering to win ZTE’s summer fun kit.
4 things to know about the ZTE Sweepstakes
- When are the sweepstakes? The sweepstakes began June 17, 2019 (12am EDT) and end July 26, 2019 (11:59pm EDT).
- What could I win? Six first-prize winners will each receive a ZTE phone with an approximate retail value of $150. Forty-eight second place winners will each receive a “summer fun kit” valued at around $50 each. The summer fun kit includes items such as a beach towel, sunglasses, power banks, USB dual car chargers, pop socket, selfie stick and more!
- What to know: Limit one entry per person or email address per week during the sweepstakes period. Entrants can win only one prize during the entire sweepstakes period. One weekly random drawing will take place for each week of the sweepstakes period. Eight weekly winners will be randomly selected for a total of six weeks, with the first name drawn being the first-place weekly winner and the other seven names drawn the second-place winners.
- How to enter? Click here today and complete the entry form.
Happy Fourth of July!