Houston, TX – On Tuesday, December 2nd, The Houston Rockets and ZTE, the 4th largest Smartphone provider in the United States, will host the Memorial Hermann Hospital Visit & Holiday Party, which is the second of a series of holiday events for the 2014 Season of Giving, presented by ZTE and the Houston Rockets. The first event was the Houston Area Urban League Thanksgiving event, in which Rockets players and ZTE staff delivered groceries and gift cards to 85 economically disadvantaged families.
ZTE and the Rockets have the following events lined up for the remainder of the 2014 Season of Giving schedule:
Memorial Hermann Hospital Visit & Holiday Party– Tuesday, December 2nd
- Event time: 3:30 – 5:00 pm
- Location: Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, 6411 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030 (Fondren Park-10th Floor)
- Rockets players, ZTE staff, Rockets Power Dancers and mascot Clutch brighten the holiday for patients at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital. The group will host a party in Fondren Park with children that are well enough to leave their rooms; participate in arts and crafts, play video games in the Rockets Teen Room and pass out gifts to all of the children. Players and ZTE will also spend time visiting rooms and delivering gifts to children who are confined to their hospital rooms.
Boys & Girls Club Holiday Extravaganza at Toyota Center – Tuesday, December 23rd
- Event time: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Location: Toyota Center
- Rockets players and ZTE staff host a holiday extravaganza at Toyota Center for 100 children from Boys & Girls Club of Greater Houston, Fifth Ward Enrichment and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Activities include games on the upper concourse and Sky Court with dinner being served in the 94/95 room. Additionally, there will be a surprise presentation of bikes, helmets and back packs for every child in attendance.
“We know that the Houston Rockets share our desire to give back to the community, which is why we are so excited to have teamed up again for this year’s Season of Giving program, to give local children an unforgettable experience with their favorite Rockets players and holiday gifts they might not otherwise receive,” Lixin Cheng, CEO, ZTE USA. “Season of Giving allows us to further our long-standing tradition of serving the communities in which we work and live, something that we are very proud of as we continue to establish significant business and technology partnerships in the U.S.”
ZTE’s continued collaboration with the Houston Rockets as the team’s official smartphone of the season represents the company’s ongoing commitment to the U.S. market, and the Season of Giving events are the latest in a long line of ZTEUSA’s charitable efforts. The company has supported additional organizations such as a residential home inKansas City,MOthat offers preventative and therapeutic services to children suffering the effects of abuse and neglect, a charity golf tournament, and various events with the Boys and Girls Club.
“This partnership with ZTE speaks volumes about both organizations’ commitment to the Houston community this holiday season,” saidTad Brown, CEO Houston Rockets. “We are thrilled with the opportunity this year’s Season of Giving events will give us to spread joy to families in our community.”